Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, April 29, 2013

Young and in Charge: Ekpo Chukuemeka Hemtughe

Whenever I have to write an introduction for an interview with a writer, I find myself, typing, deleting and writing again. Our Young Person of the week is a young man with a flair for words and a love for graphic designs, which he combines with an engineering career. This young man who provides 'bespoke services', services tailored to suit the needs of his client, is definetly an inspiration, meet Ekpo Chukwuemeka Hemtughe.

Tell us a little about yourself?
My self confidence transcends the norm, so it could get annoying if you have a problem with people who are sure of themselves. I'm down to earth & my company's fun too; plus I'm sapiosexual, y'all can hit google now.


What was growing up like?
Growing up was challenging because I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but I'm glad I had parents that were consistent and provided everything I ever needed at the expense of their personal comfort. Kings College Lagos was one of the formative stages of my life, I got to meet people from different backgrounds and I had certain values imbibed in me without any prior knowledge.

Tell us a little about your educational background?
I studied Petroleum Engineering at the Federal University of Technology Owerri; I put 5 years of my life into that, and though I feel the town stagnated my personal growth...it was a step in the right direction.

So what is Adroit Designs all about? What does it mean and how did the name come about?
Adroit Designs, just as the name implies is a brand that's cleverly skillful and resourceful.

How did you go from reading engineering to writing and graphic designs?
Graphic Designing has always been a passion of mine, and I sought to see it through. Also, I've always had an eye for detail with a penchant for wanting to correct the mistakes others make normally in their designs.

How do you combine all three, it must be difficult?
I have a unique diction and its not really hard doing the blogging bit, I write in my leisure time, do graphic jobs on demand & Engineering is my profession.

What is your typical day like?
Uneventful if work isn't a factor, but nonetheless I try to have as much fun as much as I can, when I can... Life's too short not to enjoy it.

What do you love most about you what you do?
I love what I do, because my skills are bespoke; tailored to fit. I can paint pictures with words, and I portray my client wish through my designs.

What has been your best work ever?
My best work literary, is the piece I did on "The Nigeria of Tomorrow"; it was published 26th of September 2012, on Daily Times Nigeria and also in the "KNOW Magazine" Independence edition for the three states they are currently present in.

What are the difficulties involved?
The greatest difficulty I encounter, for my writing & graphics is lack of inspiration and enthusiasm; there's is no cutting corners with passion, if it aint there, it ain't.

If you weren't doing this, what would you have been doing?
I'd probably be into sugar mummies & other things I sure can't be proud of, so I'm glad for the dignity in labor & hard work.

Have you ever felt like giving up on any of the three?
Yes! I felt like giving up on my writing, I started to feel like I wasn't good enough after having read pieces from other talented writers.

Who or what inspires you?
No one really and I wouldn't go with the cliche answer and say God, because He already did all he could for me by blessing me with these gifts, so...

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.
I am 24; there's still enough room to improve and be the best I can be...it pays to discover your talents early.

Asides work, what do you do for fun?
I like to have fun & keep in touch with the times, lest I get carried away with work and suddenly turn old school while still very young.

How do you intend to make a difference with what you do?
Tiny drops of water make a mighty ocean right? I pledge to continue changing the world in the little ways I can; through my words, I can be an inspiration to someone out there and that's a start.

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps.
Be sure of what you really want, passion shouldn't be plagiarized.

Where do you see yourself and Adroit Designs five years from now?
I see myself at the forefronts on all fronts; I hope to be the SA to the President on New Media someday and that could just be in 5years, I'd also love to see my Designs on billboards and TV adverts, will multinational clients and at the helms for big company rebranding.

Chukwuemeka can be reached on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/no1_wordsmith
Phone: 08063704615
Check out his blog here: http://wordsmitch.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us