Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, April 13, 2015

Young and In Charge: Osasogie Uwaifo

Running a successful business is never easy, "but when find something you love doing, you would always find time for it". As long as the passion is present, every other thing is secondary, but also as important. Our Young person of the month shows us that passion supported with hard work, gives birth to success. Meet Osasogie Uwaifo, she is young, creative and in charge.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm just a young woman trying to make her dream work. LOL




What was growing up like?
I had the best childhood. I was always given the opportunity to express myself creatively. I grew up in Benin city with my grandfather, God rest his soul, he had a farm where my brothers and I would go and play, LOL, climb trees (which was always fun), we learnt how to plant trees, what to expect as the weather changes regarding the plants. It was the simplest but best time of my life. My Mum, God rest her soul, was a fashion designer, so I started having interest for clothing aesthetics from a very young age. Looking back, I would say growing up was very colourful.

Tell us a little about your educational background.
I hated school aha, LOL, especially the early stages. I attended Greater Tomorrow Primary School in Benin City and then I went unto, Presentation National High School, also in Benin City, best school in the world, LOL. I got my first degree in Law from Benson Idahosa University in Benin City, and the to Nigeria Law School for my BL and finally to the University of Dundee where I got my masters in International Law.

Tell us about HD shirts.
It is a T-shirt printing company. I print slogans on shirts, I also do simple designs, that's all I do for as it is still in the early stages.

What inspired the decision to start a shirt designing company?
If you know me, you would know that I love a good Tee. the simplicity of it. It is a blank canvass that can become anything you want to be as an outfit, that prompted me to turn my love t-shirts into a business. The fact that I love to design stuff with my hands played a part. Designing shirts came easy to me.

How did your family take your your decision to start a shirt designing business?
My family has always supported my creativity, like I said earlier, my mum was a designer, she drew her designs, then sewed them, so it really wasn't anything new when I decided to do this, they were supportive.

How has the experience been like, building a business and working a 9-5?
It really hasn't been easy, 

What do you love the most about what you do?
The fact that I get to design and see it come to fruition gives me so much joy. There is nothing as fulfilling as looking down at your brainchild in all its beauty.

Which would you say, has been your best work ever?
I am proud of all shirts that I have made, I thank God for giving me this opportunity.

What difficulties do you encounter while trying to run a business?
Nothing good comes easy, it's difficult having a job and trying to keep a business afloat, because sometimes I don't get to deliver shirts to my customers in time.

How do you deal with difficult customers?
I smile, smile, smile, they are always right.

Have you ever felt like giving up on your dreams?
No.

Who or what motivates you?
The thought of my mother.

What do you like to do for fun?
I watch TV shows, I am stuck on Empire at the moment.

How do you intend to bring about change with what you do?
When it grows to the extent I want it to, I would love to  to hire youths, we all know what the unemployment statistics are.

What's your advice to young Nigerians with dreams they are yet to pursue or discover?
Don't stop dreaming and work even harder, I wouldn't tell you it's easy, because it's not.

Where do you see yourself and HD Shirts in five years?
I want to be bigger than Boy London and Criminal Damage, both T-shirt companies worth googling.

It's alway fun interviewing young inspiring Nigerians, now it's time for some pictures.



















HD Shirts can be reached through the following means
Instagram: Hd_1877
Phone: 09094262637

1 comment:

John smith said...

Thanks for sharing this useful content. Choose the Best fashion academy in Abuja Fashion schools in surulere

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us