Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, April 22, 2013

Young and in Charge: Adesunbo Ramon

Growing up, almost everybody wished they had more control over their finances, I sure did, I wished I could control the amount of pocket money I received or the interval between each of them. Our young person of the week thought so too and went ahead to do something about it. Meet Adesunbo Ramon, he took control of his finances.

Tell us a little about yourself? 
I am Adesunbo Ramon, born and bred in Lagos but I hail from Ogun State. I am the third child out of of three boys. Islam is my religion.


 
What was growing up like?
Growing up was fair, Alhamdulilahi, I was not brought up with a silver spoon but now we are here….lol

Tell us a little about your educational background?
I got my first school leaving certificate from Tender-Touch nursery and primary school, Festac Town , I moved on to Federal Governent College, Ijanikin Lagos for my secondary education then unto the University of Lagos, Akoka for my bachelors.

So what is CollegeWear all about? What does it mean and how did the name come about?
The brand name is COLLEGEWEAR. It means so many things…. it stands for the brand college students, prospective college students and post-students wear, it also tells us about a brand that started within college walls. When I was about to launch into the clothing industry, I wanted a unique name, something different from the conventional “bla bla clothing” and the likes, a name that could generate buzz.
A clothing line extraordinaire, we train and consult, sell blanks, prints and transfers, we procure equipment on demand. You can start your brand/label with us.

How did you go from reading Civil Engineering to Tailoring?
I went from reading civil Engineering to making clothes. When people ask me such questions, I tell them to ponder on how Dangote went from making cement to making spaghetti. Like the yorubas will say….ona kan o wo ja
For me, it was the urge to liberate myself from the pocket money syndrome and being financially independent.

Do you see yourself mixing the both of them?
Sure, I see myself mixing both, I am mixing both at the moment already, its not easy though but in sha Allah I pray for a smoother ride.

What is your typical day like?
For now, I wake up in the morning do my morning stuffs and observe Solat and am off to work(my civil engineering job), I get back late in the evening and I rest for the next day’s job….. few times I have to do one or two choking CollegeWear jobs.

What do you love most about you what you do?
I love the fact that I can satisfy people’s need when they are thirsty for some bespoke apparel and also the fact that I can pay my bills ….. ma sha Allah

What has been your best work ever?
Hmmmmm, I cant pick really because I don’t know if it’s the job I got the most profit or the job with the highest monetary value hmmmm…. let say it’s the couple of  jobs that comes from out of state, it makes me feel so relevant in the industry and the random hypes I get from people that come across my wears.

What are the difficulties involved?
Honestly, getting quality fabric is a huge task around here.  I will say publicity and distribution has been tasking too because one thing it is to make nice clothes and another is to get them to potential buyers.

If you weren't doing this, what would you have been doing?
Maybe I would be into IT, something like a tech guy, because my hands must be working .. a tech guy that works on cars sounds good though.

Have you ever felt like giving up on CollegeWear?
Nah, never felt like it mehn……… sticking to the master plan.

Who or what inspires you?
I inspire me, Kamoru and Jimmy Adesunbo inspire me, Oyinkansinuola inspires me too.

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.
Level of successs? Success is still in the pipeline though, it wont be televised, it would be live in our eyes. Its not like a failing ooo. I am 24 sha.

Asides work, what do you do for fun?
Mehnnn.. Seriously I work for fun ooo, there’s nothing more fun than making money. Asides that, I hang out with friends and do movies once in a while.

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps.
The sky is big enough for all the birds to fly, aye po gan. Keep the dream tight and manage resources right, with that everything is gonna be alright.

Where do you see yourself and CollegeWear five years from now?
In sha Allah, collegewear, CW and the CW logo would go viral, we are diversifying, so we are doing more than just clothing. I see us becoming an household name both home and abroad and a force to reckon with in the clothing industry and beyond.

As usual, its time to feed our eyes.



























Ramon could be reached on:
Phone: 08054815413
Twitter: https://twitter.com/college_wear
Instagram: http://instagram.com/collegewear89
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/collegewear89?fref=ts
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/collegewear89
Website: http://www.collegewear.com.ng
Email: info@collegewear.com.ng
Address: 311 Road, B Close, House 7, Festac Town Lagos.



3 comments:

mrkelevra said...

I Like this !

Anonymous said...

Its not easy to venture into any business at all. i salute your courage. GOD bless the works of your hands. Ehinome

Unknown said...

great job
http://trenydrammy.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us