Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, April 8, 2013

YOUNG AND IN CHARGE: PIUS OSHIOGWEMOH MOMOH

We all have our talents, and if we can look into us and find them out, we would all be great men and women to be reckoned with. We present to you the very first MC/Comedian ever to grace the YIC's section, he is fresh and rising very quickly. If there is anything that strikes me about Pius aka MC Bluetooth, that should be his passion for what he does. Comedy and Mceeing is fast becoming a creative avenue to make a living and of course, making others happy sure makes you happy. Happy reading, you would be inspired.


Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Momoh Pius Oshogwemoh AKA MC BLUETOOTH . I come from Edo state, Estako East, Agenebode side in Iviukwe (long tinz)  hehehehehe. I reside in the lovely city of Abjua. Born into a family of five, I am the last boy out of two, with two elder sisters, an older brother and a younger sister so basically I am the fourth out of the five children.



What was growing up like?

Growing up was tough and is still tough...(I still be small pikin na) but most of all it has been fun.
Being born the fourth out of five means I have a lot of shoes to fill and expectations to live up to, but then again most of my short comings are bypassed since I have elder siblings who can cover up...
It has mainly been fun I wouldn't lie cos I still draw most of my materials in terms of comedy from my experience as I grow. For example my mischief making days in my primary and secondary school days not forgetting my university experience. Sincerely speaking it has all been fun filled.

Tell us a little about your educational background?

Hmmm weytin remain now na masters and Ph.d o! I attended handmaid international nursery and primary school for a brief period during which I concluded my nursery education abuja (Ajebo tinz)
I was later transferred to model secondary school Asokoro abuja where I finished my primary education, wrote the common entrance and was admitted into federal government boys college (Apo boys) as we were called. After which I wrote the necessary WAEC, JAMB and Post UME. In short, I am a graduate of History from the prestigious University of Abuja Nigeria and I am proud to say I have also concluded my service year to the nation (NYSC), under the sun and in the rain.
So what is all about? What does it mean and how did the name come about?
The name MC bluetooth isn't just a name, its a Brand and a connection link. I am not the normal styled comedian as I try to use the knowledge not just from my education but also from experience.
The name Bluetooth first came to light in my days in unibuja at the point when I realized that I needed a unique brand, something catchy that people can relate to, plus the fact that in my performances not just as a comedian but in mastering ceremonies. I realized that I could connect with the audience (so I Bluetooth them).

How did you go from being an Historian to a MC/Comedian?

Comedy and humor has always been inbuilt right from my secondary school days into the university were I functioned in the Nigerian federation of catholic students, students historical society of nigeria and the gift of faith drama group as a comedian, MC, and Drama coordinator along side the likes of MOG, and MC Ajebo, Washington etc. So I guess its fate, plus with the study of History I can manipulate facts into crazy comedy .

Do you see yourself mixing the both of them?
As we speak its already a blend

 What is your typical day like?

I would  say ESS- eat, shit, sleep (just kidding)....well I do my house chores,(sometimes), eat (normal), sleep(sometimes too), watch a movie, infact I have usually boring days except when I get the ususal business calls then my day goes uphill.

What do you love most about you what you do?

I love the spontaneity, the fact that even in the moment of craze you make a lot of sense and get to impact positively in the lives of other through humor.

What has been your best work ever?
Hmmm best work...When it comes to comedy every event has its high points and all are memorable in most ways. I can't say I have a best work cos all have been spectacular but I can make reference to a few such as "Warri Conneqshun with Otota live n naked" back then in the university of Abuja, the Fellows night of the National institute of Chartered Economist of Nigeria where I was given recognition by the special guest of honor in his remarks (I wouldn't want to drop names), comedy night of the gift of faith drama group of the nigerian federation of catholic studens (still in unibuja), laughter on the loose with Oma Oma last year december 25th and the most recent: RESURRECTION LAUGHTER which I hosted on easter day this year (2013) so I can quietly say I have had some memorable moments.
 
What are the difficulties involved?
No great endevour sails smoothly without some challenges here and there. On my part the first I would  say was personal as it took quite a while for me to realize myself not just as an individual but as the artiste "Bluetooth". Then came challenges of acceptance by my friends and immediate family(luckily now I have their full support 100%). Then the major one is the fact that solo artiste such as myself aren't yet fully recognized and given full accolades but hopefully that would soon change.

If you weren't doing this, what would you have been doing?
Hmmm seriously that's a million dollar question. But I guess if I weren't this fully involved in comedy and solo artistry I'd have focussed more on acting or writing, but comedy is my first love.

Have you ever felt like giving up on being an MC and a Comedian?

Of course many times...Just as mastering ceremonies and comedy has its joys, sometimes it can be insulting.. Believe me sometimes its not easy being thought a fool or unserious mostly when you desperately want to make sense, but then when I feel like giving up I remeber what my driving force is... The passion and love I have for what I do is what keeps me going and of course the grace of God.

Who or what inspires you?
First and foremost I'd say God because sincerely speaking I started comedy from the Church.
Then again I'd say my immediate environment, growing up in conflicting settings such as a house full of three beautiful sisters and then a single sex school (Apo boy) then Unibuja, one can't help but pick certain habits and characters. A lot of stories from my experience are  always form the core of my stage acts.

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are

I am not too old neither would I say I am young and I would  always say age is just a number because maturity is a thing of the mind. Lass lass sha I was born on February14th at the tail end of the 20th centuary (maths plus History) hehehehe.

Asides work, what do you do for fun?
MOVIES!!  all the way Plus I love my animations, the like of Naruto, Bleach etc. I also do some reading and writing at my leisure.

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps.
The key to success is passion!! Follow your dreams with passion and a zeal to succeed because nothing good comes easy. Family and friends are rocks of support but God is the the bed rock. Avoid doubt (self doubt) and believe in yourself (I hope I don't sound cliche)

Where do you see yourself in this industry five years from now?

Five years is quite close(hehehehe). I know my name and brand will be a force to be reckoned with in the Nigerian entertainment industry. I see my self hosting gigs not just around Abuja or the country, but I know the world would know my name...Amen. The thing just dey like prayer abi hehehehe but I know that's the truth!!

Pictures



Mc Bluetooth can be reached on
Phone: 08069465625 or 08050838642

5 comments:

Justus said...

My broda my broda,9ce 1 man,wishing you all d best in ur ministry *winks*.Success beyond our imagination is my prayer 4u dude

kini said...

Nice 1 MC Bluetooth.. Keep it up, God is ur muscle...

John M said...

RESURRECTION LAUGHTER was awesome! Well done MC bluetooth...

Anonymous said...

Nice. Wish u more success and favour. Amaka.

Ugo Ilem. said...

Ye. ...... Guys, this dude is really good, and am a very big fan.....keep it up dude

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us