Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, April 1, 2013

Young and In Charge: Ogieva Frances Idahosa

Having a good job that pays the bills and some, is probably the dream of all young people that have gone through four to six years in the university studying, and some people make it to the point where money is no longer an issue. But not everyone gets the opportunity to do something they love and be happy doing it. Our Young Person of the week realised she wasn't happy with her job so she decided to take the bull by the horn and start a business doing what she loves. Meet our Young Person of the week Ogieva Frances Idahosa!

Tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Ogieva Frances Idahosa, a graduate of Business Administration from Benson Idahosa University, I am the last of four children, I am a very lively, strong and independent woman.



What was growing up like?
Growing up was fun, it had its ups and downs but it was a very interesting journey.

Tell us a little about your educational background?
I attended Flora nursery and primary school in Lagos then I moved to Benin where I attended Presentation National High School, I Got my B.Sc. in Business Administration at Benson Idahosa University. I am also a member of the Nigerian Institute of Management.

So what is Frances Cakes all about? What does it mean and how did the name come about?
Frances Cakes and Pastries is mainly about baking, I  love to bake and cook so I decided to expand a little bit , Frances is my name and the Cakes and Pastries is what I do.

How did you go from reading Business Administration to Baking?
I worked for a while after service from 2010-2012, but I was never satisfied, I always felt unhappy and knowing I had a passion that I could go deep into and become my own boss. I decided to try it.

Do you see yourself mixing the both of them, baking and business administration?
Yes I do in fact I think I am already doing that.

What is your typical day like?
Wake up, say my prayers and am off to the bakery.

What do you love most about you what you do?
I love that i am my own boss and i get to do what i love to do and make people happy while doing it.

What has been your best work ever?
Still waiting for that to happen.

What are the difficulties involved?
Erm, I think it is just the fear of expansion.

If you weren't doing this, what would you have been doing?
Working with any N.G.O supporting Women and particularly the development of the Girl Child .

Have you ever felt like giving up on Frances Cakes and Pastries?
Yea, alot of times.. but when i look at what i have achieved in such  a short time, i am encouraged again.

Who or what inspires you?
My mum, she’s very supportive of what I do, it keeps me going.

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.
I am 25years Old.

Asides work, what do you do for fun?
I love to gist.

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps.
Follow your dreams, it can be so discouraging at first but when you start, there’s no stopping. Just be sure it is what you want and you are not doing it because it’s the only available thing to do.

Where do you see yourself and Frances Cakes and Pastries five years from now?
Hmm, I see myself having branches in different states.

Picture time:













Ogieva can be reached on:
Email- francesidahosa@gmail.com
Phone no: 08172958911,‎07054254536

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FrancesOg

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Its really cool to b independent. Best wishes, Ogieva!

kate said...

Hehe,my cake boss,proud of u dolls...

Anonymous said...

Nice 1 namesake kip d flag flying.

Josephine said...

Am so proud of you darlyn ...almst my story!

Anonymous said...

Very creative and lovely cakes...I am ordering one now :-)

Lukman Yusuf said...

Lovely dear,ur starting point is encouraging, u wld get to ur dream land very soon. Kip it up, proud of u!

Anonymous said...

Nice one my love may God keep and strengthen u IJN

Anonymous said...

All d best dear

Christabel said...

Really nice and inspiring. To have a fulfilled life, one needs to do that which he/she loves and is passionate about.

onome said...

This is really nice dear, keep it up

Unknown said...

Thanks for all d warm comments,I appreciate...order for ur cakes and snacks now o..heeeheehee ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice one dear. All d best.

Unknown said...

Nice work..... nothing like an innovative entrepreneur..

Unknown said...

Nice......nothing like an innovative entrepreneur

Anonymous said...

I love ur courage dear the Lord is ur strenght!

Anonymous said...

Nice. More power to your elbow.

Festus said...

Nice one Og!

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky to have tasted Ogieva's cakes....they taste like little drops of heaven. The sky is the limit. Best wishes dear.
Omon

iy said...

I've always knon you had it in you. All the best darlyn!!!

Iy said...

I've always known you had it in you. All the best darlyn!!!

mrkelevra said...

Inspiring !

mrkelevra said...

Inspiring ! :)

stephanie said...

This is nice and nd inspiring keep it rolling girl proud of u.

Dotimi said...

I am so proud of you love... I wish your business grows to become very successful. You are living proof that it’s always good to follow your heart... You are a star***

Oseyi Okoh said...

Ogieva it is official! I am delightfully in awe of your talent! Your cake designs are playful yet unique, I want to hug them and at the same time sink my teeth in it. I can imagine the burst of flavor a slice of the cakes would release... yummy!
Keep it up dear and never forget the rich sweetness you contribute to the lives of many!

Anonymous said...

Ogieva this really nice. thumbs up. u re making us really proud

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us