Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, May 13, 2013

Young and In Charge: Korede Awofuwa

Growing up, we all have dreams of what we want to do with the rest of our lives, most of the time, life gets in the way and we either go on to read a course chosen for by either our parents or the exceptions of the society. Our young person of the week, always had a love for arts, he went ahead to read engineering  but his love for the arts stayed strong and eventually took over. Meet our young person of the week, Korede Awofuwa, artist, engineer and writer.

Tell us a little about yourself?
I'm Korede Awofuwa a graduate of Covenant University, a lover of art and an electrical and electronics engineering. I'm from a family of six and the second born amongst four children.


What was growing up like?
Growing up has always been fun to me. Lots of ups and downs but I just have to keep moving. Met so many people with different characters from time to time, place to place but generally growing up has been amazing by Gods grace.

Tell us a little about your educational background?
Had my primary education at LaraDay nursery and primary school, secondary education at Command Day seconday school and university education at Covenant University. By Gods grace my educational stages went smoothly.

So what is Koryarts all about? What does it mean and how did the name come about?
Koryarts Limited  is a company setup to satisfy clients with the best of artistic and creative services and with the help of a super team of experts (Tolu Bamgbose, Michael Onobote, Tosin Oyewole, Dapo Adegboye) we are already achieving great goals. Founded by Korede Awofuwa, an electrical and electronics engineering graduate of Covenant University as well as a superb artist and author of the motivational book "Be The Difference". "I am determined to make Koryarts an outstanding brand in the art world. Our services include Pencil portraits, Cartoon portraits, Photography, Comic strips/illustrations, Graphic designing, Paintings, Creative writing, Branding and Customized handmade cards.
The name Koryarts came from one of my nicknames Kory and I added the arts to it. Luckily. For me, my team members see the dream with me and loved the name.

How did you go from reading engineering to being an artist and a writer?
Engineering to me was a course and I did well in it my passion for arts was and still is stronger so it took over.

How do you combine all three, it must be difficult.
Well, I combine all three and it really isn't difficult. I focus more on my art and writing skills and then use engineering when needed so I enjoy what I do and its really fun to me.

What is your typical day like?
A typical day for me involves thinking, drawing and evolving. Can't afford to have a better yesterday and I ensure I ask God for wisdom and direction. This makes things easy for me.

What do you love most about you what you do?
I love the fact that I'm doing what I love doing and what I love doing makes people happy and amazed.

What has been your best work ever?
Honestly, I've not picked any work as my best because I always work on improvements so if I have a best work today, my tomorrow's work takes that place.

What are the difficulties involved?
Difficulties are experienced in the beginning stages when you have to stand out, be determined and work hard to make people know you know what you're doing and that you are good at what you do. There's also this believe that art does not pay in Nigeria. Well I don't believe because from my experience so far, if you push your art in. The right ways, it will pay.

If you weren't doing this, what would you have been doing?
If I wasn't into arts now, I think full time business (buying and selling) or probably a full staff in an engineering company is what I'll be into.

Have you ever felt like giving up on any of the three?
Trust me, I've felt like giving up several times but I then realise I was actually born to draw. Nothing makes me happier than doing an art and people appreciate how good it comes out. Passion as well keeps me going. As for engineering, the need comes in once in a while so studying that in the university isn't a loss at all.

Who or what inspires you?
God is. My inspiration. I see myself with these skills and I just want to be a blessing and an icon of encouragement to everyone around me.

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.
I'm 24 years old

Asides work, what you do for fun?
Movies at the cinemas, reading, basically hanging out with friends.

How do you intend to make a difference with what you do?
I intend to make a difference by rendering world class creative art serivces to clients that will make the world know Nigeria is super blessed in the area of arts. Also I look forward to encouraging young ones to keep up with their dreams and never give up.

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps.
Never let anyone discourage you from achieving you dreams. See, work hard and smart, ask God for direction and achieve you dreams.

Where do you see yourself and Koryarts five years from now?
I see myself as a global positive icon the world will be glad to have and I see Koryarts as the number one art brand rendering the best of art services and also a company that gives hope to our generation and those to come.









Korede can be reached through the following means:

Address: 92 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Opp. MAN House, ground floor, back flat, Ikeja, Lagos.

Phone: 08057347070, 08164221388

Website: www.koryarts.com

Email: koryarts@gmail.com

Facebook: Facebook.com/koryarts

Twitter: Twitter.com/koryarts

1 comment:

Ogba said...

I know my comment is coming late. I'm just catching up on all I haven't read. This is one area that people don't like to pay much attention to but these designs are awesome. Keep doing what you do cos you're really good at it.
P.s: I know one of the guys on your team. I served with Dapo Adegboye in Jos :-). Best wishes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us