Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, May 20, 2013

YOUNG AND IN CHARGE : IMMACULATE ONYEABOR aka DJ MACC

Hello good people of Nigeria! Welcome to this part of the world where almost every youth hops into Universityl right after high school without really thinking it through, but not DJ Macc. Today we bring you a young upcoming Disc Jockey (DJ) and what's most exciting about this person is not just that she is female, but she is good at what she does and knows exactly what she wants and is not afraid of taking decisions. Did I hear you say "a female DJ?" you have got to be curious about this one! Enjoy...



Can we meet you?
My name is Immaculate Onyeabor. I am a christian, from a family of five, I have two elder siblings- my sister and my brother, mum and dad. I am the baby of the house. I am friendly, blunt, fun/annoying at times that's where the naughtiness starts.




How was growing up like?
 Growing up was fun all the way even though I had few friends of same age and more of adults around me, it was FAB!

Can you tell us about your educational background?
 I attended Arch Bishop Taylor Memorial primary school victoria Island and Ireti junior and senior grammar school south west ikoyi lagos. Still positive minded about higher institution.

What is DeeJay Macc entertainment about?
 Deejay Macc entertainment is all about fun and easing out stress, no dull moment. *smiles*

How did you go right from high school to being a Disc Jockey?
 Well after secondary school everyone of my age wanted to get into university. But I decided doing something different so I said to myself I needed to think *smiles* One beautiful sunday in the month of May-24-2009 a friend came visiting "Isaac Michael" my childhood friend. We got into different conversations and I bluntly told him I want to become a Disc Jockey (DJ) and all he asked me was "CHI ARE YOU SURE?" "YES" I replied". Then he left and came back after few minutes, when he got back he just authoritatively asked me to follow him, without questioning I immediately followed him.......hahahahahahaha seriously I did! The rest is history. That was how it all began. May-31-2009 work started and Deejay Macc started schooling all over again but in a different and fun way. Though sometimes the journey was filled with teary eyes.....hmmmm I am short of words but with a joyful heart. Three months after I started no one knew except Isaac. Sharp badt girl huh ? Hahahaha. The very first friend I told laughed at me and made fun of my height 'DISCOURAGEMENT' but I didn't give up.

Whats a typical day like for you?
 Hmmmm......busy doing something or not doing anything at all. Just lazying about in the house and I try make my parents laugh out hard. Fun auntie like me abi?

What do you love about what you do?
 First I'm happy that God has brought me this far and that I have really made my mum get use to the fact that I can make her smile each time I talk about Disc Jockeying/my dance moves at home. My dad still can't get enough of me and my noise at home 'Loud music' I spoilt one of his speakers and he keeps asking when they will get the opportunity to follow me to an event and see me DJ.......hahahaha my papa shaaaaa. Well it came to pass and they were happy. I love the fact that am a female, love the fact that I get to surprise people when ever they see me DJ, make them happy on the dance floor and how wonderful what I do is.

What has been your best work so far?
 Haaaa.....you want to put me in trouble? All events I have Disc Jockeyed at has been successful/fun and I'm happy about that. All thanks to my father God Almighty. Let me not say one thing now and my oga "DJ TOY" at the top says another *wink*.
What are the challenges involved in Disc Jockeying?
 First not having your own equipments, some people would want to take advantage of you and not having the right people around you. Every young person wants encouragement just few words can keep them going.
If you were not Disc Jockeying what would you be doing?
Playing Soccer.......hahahahaha, big time! no jokes. Am the runaway female captain of "TALENT HUNT FOOTBALL ACADEMY" by coach "COSMOS UBANI" Coachilalasky... chaii!.Macc!.
Hahahaha.

Have you ever felt like giving up on being a DJ?
 I'm human I have felt that way a lot of times. We all have our ups and downs but because I'm strong, young and in charge *wink* I didn't give up. When ever I remember the first reason I gave to my boss "DJ TOY" that made him agree to teach me *wink* (its a secret) hahaha....well the look he had on his face...hahahahahahaha that alone brings smile and hope back.

Who or what inspires you?
 My parents/God, I know I don't see him but his words alone are enough. My Boss "DJ TOY" and every other DJ that I have learned from when training/words of encouragement one way or the other I say a big thank you to DJ FLIPMO, DJ BIGGIE, DJ NENE, DJ KENZO, DJ DINO of BRILLA FM. My OLPH family Mrs Eje Darlington "Choir" members. etc.

With the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are.
 I am just a big baby. Born 20th July *wink*. Sometimes I ask myself how I got this far? All thanks to God, Isaac Micheal a.k.a Slimfit Icekid..........lol, DJ TOY and everyone that has stood by me. *tearsdrop+ smiles*

What do you do for fun?
 I get few peeps upset, get into a little trouble at home.....hahahaha. Go to church, stay home sleep/eat, hangout with my co partners in crime *wink* Oluchi Nwanya and Tabitha Garba.

What's your advise to youths who want to follow in your footsteps?
 My advice for youths out there is that they should put GOD first and always learn to say thank you to him. They should be focused, respectful, humble, they should throwaway their pride, try not to be the person your not, just remain your self. Listen to critics especially those that call themselves your "FRIENDS". The real world is tough do not think is easy O! Surprise them. Always put a smile on and never be scared to express how you feel. Don't give up. You are responsible for all your doing so do not be scared to be scared, you are human.

Where do you see yourself and DeeJay Macc Entertainment in the next five years?
 I see myself going international by Gods grace. I see myself having my own family and having kids, YES O! sure I'll be fun being a mum *smile*, owning a DJ school for young people by the grace of God Almighty won't hurt.

Yea! and so you have heard from our beautiful DJ Macc, as usual we have pictures of her in action.... Feed your eyes!







DJ Macc can be reached through the following contacts:

Facebook- MACC ENTERTAINMENT
Telephone- 08068836494



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nautie Macc in action. M really proud of u. Go gurl!

Mayowa said...

All the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us