Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

VALENTINE SPECIAL: DO NAIJA WOMEN APPRECIATE TEDDY BEARS AND FLOWERS AS GIFTS?


DO NAIJA WOMEN APPRECIATE TEDDY BEARS AND FLOWERS AS GIFTS?

If you recall the first post on abjloving's Valentine's special, where it was said that people give gifts of valentines (cards), flowers, teddy bears, chocolates and so on on St. Valentine's day. I did a double take on teddy bears and flowers. Why? Welcome to Africa! More so Nigeria, where one is not so sure if teddy bears and flowers are part of our culture. 

Anyway, we decided to find out and sent out this question - "Do naija women appreciate teddy bears and flowers? As gifts?" 



Here are the answers we got - 

"Teddy bears... may be when I was in secondary school to decorate my bed but biko what in the world will big aunty like me be doing with teddy bears? As for the flowers I appreciate it more if it's my bouquet. Try things that will be more beneficial to us. Thank you." - Amaka Agbo-Anike.

"Flowers....yesssss, teddy bears!!!...NO! I personally don't like teddies" - Osemudiamen Iluobe

"Nooooo we no longer do" - Kemi Akinrinola

"I think Nigerian women like gifts like jewellery and then you can add flower and teddy bears" - Perpetue Akoumba

"No we don't" - Eseosa

"Hmmmmmm, for where? Gone are the days wen teddy bears and flowers made sense. Now what we women need is just for our men to take care of us, show us love and make us happy. Thats all, not forgetting there must be money too (let's be honest "  -Bookey

"Me personally I don't" - Sheila

"Yes we do, more of teddies dan flowers" - Ezinne

"I don't think so. I appreciate a card and a gift no matter how little it may be..It was in secondary school that Teddy bears and artificial flowers were appreciated" - Sade Ogunleye

"I dont know sha but the ones with oyibo life style go appreciate am well well, as for me I don't" - Nefi Bellz

"Teddies are not my thing. I find them scary so I wont really appreciate it as a gift." - Sisi Oye

"Yes I would appreciate a teddy and flowers. Maybe am not so nigerian in my thinking! But If he adds something else, awesome!"- Ella Enweonwu

"Only? Nooooooo! In additn to other gifts? Yeeessss!" - Genevieve Osuorji

"I dnt have a baby yet dat would b needing teddy?And as for flower where would one be keeping that?Honestly its better I receive nothing.. dat does it! Most Nigerian gals won't, they can only pretend to appreciate it so as not to reject it"- Mimi

"I don't think so o! Wat will you use teddy bear or flowers for except to decorate?The tot of giving is good but that's not our idea of a gift." - Adaobi Roberts

"Flowers and teddies no! Better Jewelries" - Esther Okosun

"Yea if its added to a samsung phone? We like functional things o!" - Ada Eta

"Yes but not all"- Zoby

"Wat do I want 2 do wit flowers? Not Interested..some of us do appreciate teddy bears though" - Tosan

"I like am sha but something extra should be added...like car key! (Widesmile)" - Jennifer Chigbata

"No they don't, that's for white chicks" - Blessing

"Some naija women  do appreciate flowers and teddy bear. Not all" - Oryza


"Hmmm...not all. Teddy bear is cute" - Dj Macc

"May not teddy bears, infact scrap flowers if not real. I can do real flowers but many naija women will prefer dinner AND a phone or jewellery or something compared to having a teddy bear. NAija GIRLS are more receptive to teddy bears" - Blessing Achenyo



There you have it! Nothing much to be said or add...Naija women have spoken! Guys take note. 

There is no story behind the giving of teddy bears and flowers as gifts especially on Valentine's day...further research shows that toy hearts too were given and have evolved to other forms like cakes in form of hearts and so on. 

Well, whether you get flowers or teddy bears or a warm hug...so far its given from the heart find it in your heart to appreciate it. Let's spread love! 
 Show message history

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! Amen, Sistahs! I hope them brothers are reading though. -Ifeyinwa U.

Anonymous said...

I can’t imagine focusing long enough to research; much less write this kind of article. You’ve outdone yourself with this material. This is great content.Eddy the Teddy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us