Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Just my 2kobo: Remembering Ugonna, Llyod, Tekenna and Chidi #ALUU4

By IPHIE MANUELZ
I have been asked countless times why I have the hash tag, #ALUU4 as my status on BBM.
For at least a month it was my way of remembering them, it was my way of paying homage, if I can put it that way, it was my way of saying 'I am sorry you guys had to suffer the way you did'. It was my way of saying  'we would get you justice'.

But truth be told after that first month, just like any Nigerian, I forgot about what happened to these young men, it was just another sad story, one amongst the numerous sad stories that come out of Nigeria. To be honest I had totally forgotten I had it up as my status, I forgot to take it down and I only remembered it only when it was mentioned. I also realised that I hadn't done anything substantial towards getting them Justice, and this was pointed out to me by Adesuwa when i sent her this article to read before I posted it.

But yesterday, I took a look at my phone and I saw the #ALUU4 hash tag by myself for the first time in a long while. And then it hit me, it's only human that we would forget, after all most of us didn't know anything about Aluu or those young men before October 5th. But I also realised that I had slowly began to work towards the change I wanted to see in Nigeria since I put up that hash tag as my BBM status. I had started working on myself, I started trying to reflect the changes that I wanted to see in Nigeria, in my life. The change I seek for Nigeria would come to pass, not by my words only, but the most successful way to bring about this change was to actually live it.

On the second month of your death, Chidi, Tekena, Llyod and Ugonna, I hope you guys are resting with God. I renew the promise I made two months ago, we would get you justice, no matter how long it takes. And no I am not gonna take the hash tag down, it is a constant reminder of the change Nigeria needs and a constant reminder of the work ahead of me. Thank you Tekena, Llyod, Chidi and Ugonna, even in death you guys inspire me to change my life before I can change Nigeria.
Keep resting with God, Ugonna, Llyod, Tekena and Chidi.

The criminal case against the killers of these four young men continues today in Port Harcourt. I might not be home but I would do my part in making sure the justice gets done. The little things we do can help get these young men justice, it could be reporting the progress of the court case, asking questions of the necessary authorities. It is the little thing we do that combine to have a great effect.

2 comments:

EWAEN said...

Hmmmm..speechless is the word.while i was reading this sorrowful piece,my heart bled.i know justice will be done no matter how long it takes.RIP guys.nice write up ify.God bless you.

Pheee said...

Thanks Ewaen, we just have to keep fighting, those boys could have been anyone of us, they could have been our brothers, our cousins or our boyfriends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us