Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just my 2kobo: When would the objectification of women stop?

Everyday I turn on my tv to the sight of ass and boobs in my face. Every video out of Nigeria these days is filled with images of women showing off her God given 'talent'. With every video 'better' than the last, oh wait, I guess I didn't know they were in a competition to see who degrades women the most in their video.

For artistes that have these kind of videos, it says just one thing about you, you have no respect for your mothers, sisters, future wives and your daughters. It says nothing good about you, just proves that you chose to throw away the principles you were brought up with, because I don't want to believe any woman would train a child to disrespect women.

For the girls that are in these videos, it says a lot about you too. It says a lot about your self confidence. You have none. Your sexiness should be about what you have up there not about how naked you can get before the whole world.

The artistes are not the only ones that objectify women. You that calls every girl hoe or bitch, yes you, you are an 'objectifier', yes I just came up with the word. Says a lot about how you see your mum, sisters and future daughter and wife, I mean, what exempts them from being hoes and bitches since every other girl in the world is one.

As for the girls that call themselves and other women bitches and hoes, I rest my case. Your case is hopeless, how do you expect to be respected by anybody when you have no respect for yourself and your fellow women folks.

What was my question again? Right, I remember now. I wonder why I asked such a question when I already know the answer to it.The objectification of women would only stop when women refuse to be objectified!! When artistes run out of women willing to get naked before the camera, trust me the objectification would stop.

As for me I have decided to stop watching videos from artistes that I know objectify women. It might not make a dent in their pocket but at least I would not find myself angry for no worthy reason. Musicians like Timi Dakolo are the musicians I intend to watch from now on. Music that has an impact in my life, music that inspires me to make a difference. Watch his Great Nation video and slap me if you are not converted.


*drops mic*, Peace yo, am out!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us