Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Monday, November 12, 2012

Young and In Charge: Ama Osaze-Uzzi

So, I love to look good but apart from putting lipgloss on and slapping on some sane looking eyebrow I am at a total loss in the makeup department. DIscovering people that can work magic on your face with a makeup brush for assistance is wonderful. Meet, Ama our young person of the week, whose passion for makeup promises to take her places.

Tell us a little about yourself?

I am Iroghama Osaze –Uzzi, but  people call me AMA, very simple person and  passionate about make-up.its something I can’t get tired of doing.

What was growing up like?

Growing up was a very nice experience, however being the first child, there was a lot of responsibilities,  I thought it was too tasking, but it has actually taught me a lot, like responsibility , thanks to my mum who taught me how to be independent.

Tell us a little about your educational background?

I  started my education in benin-city, I attended  University  Of  Benin  Staff  School (Primary), then I went to Presentation National  High school for my secondary education which was also in Benin city and University Of Abuja for higher education.

So what is Tilly’s Signature all about?
What does it mean and how did the name come about?
Tilyz signature is all about make-up and making the ordinary extra ordinary, my work is  to make my clients look beautiful and different. Tilyz signature was gotten from my middle name matilda, but I wanted it to be different and unique at the same time so when people hear the name they don’t  find  it difficult to remember.
 
How did you get into it?

I have always loved make-up, occasionally I help my friends out with their make-up, when I finished from the university I was thinking of what to do with myself before NYSC and my friend Eby said to me you love make-up you can go and learn and become a professional, I went to House Of Tara and learnt it and here I am today happy and loving what I do everyday.

What is your typical day like?

My  day is like every  normal day, atimes busy and atimes not so busy, from time to time I try and make some calls to find out if there is any runway event coming up soon and try and contact them if I could do d make up for that event, wherever I go to I tell people about my work and show them my portfolio of my work. in case of any  make up job. i always try to go through the internet and read magazines to see different make-up artists' work and learn more make-up tips, because with make up you have to keep learning and be innovative.

What do you love most about you what you do?

What I love most about my job is the smile and satisfaction on a clients face when my work is completed, it really gives me joy and when other people around see it and say to me this is so fine she looks different and one thing about makeup you have to keep practising and be innovative.

What’s been your best work ever?

 I don’t think I have a best job that I have done, I love all the jobs I have done though atimes there are challenges when doing a make-up job I just look for a way out or improvise.

What are the difficulties involved?

Atimes when doing a job, a client might tell you they want this they want that and I know that particular thing is not going to suit the client, as a makeup artist my duty is to tell the client what is going to be better, but some client still insist that’s  what they want you have to do it the way they want it(a customer is always right), little things like that are always the problem. But despite that I love my job.

If you weren't doing this, what would you have been doing?

If  I wasn't a make-up artist I would probably be working in a Federal parastatal or a private company in their finance or accounting department.

Have you ever felt like giving up on Tilly’s Signature?

Not at all, not for one day, it’s something am going to continue doing.

Who or what inspires you?

A lot of makeup artist who have been in the business for so long and have their own makeup line they inspire me never to give up, because everything in this life is time. Another person that inspires me so much is my mum she is also a business person and she has been into business for so long,one thing she always tells me is that in business you have to take risk and be very patience.

Considering the level of success you have attained, youths out there would be itching to know how old you are?

I am 22years old.

Asides work, what do you do for fun?

I love hanging out with my friends, going to the movies, reading novels.

Advice to youths that wish to follow in your footsteps

Always go for what you want, nothing comes easy in life you have to work hard to achieve your goals. Keep believing in yourself because that is the way forward.

As usual, pictures speak a thousand words.









 
 
 
 
Ama can be reached through the following means
BB: 25DDC591
Phone: 07036768588
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not the greatest when it comes to making up but I love the art behind it. I always admire people who have the ability to work magic with make-up. So many times, I wish I could. I'm blown away by the fact that Ama not only is an excellent make-up artist but she also can do facial art. That's some real talent. Ama, brace yourself for the ride cos you're going places ;-).

mary said...

Kip it up Ama.....

latifa said...

Good job love

zojie l. said...

Nyc....ama u r going places may God bless ur efforts with more success

ella said...

Wow! The facial art is really cool. Thumbs up girl!

neta_vic said...

Quite impressive. Keep it up girl....

abe-bros said...

hey, are you a make up artist? and that person on wedding costume sure looks like amas, is she the one?

Pheee said...

yes she is a makeup artist and yes that is Amas.

jones odagwe said...

I can believe I just saw a facial art. Am so working with you 2013 an that's a promise. Hold the artistic part and improve on it cuz that's your edge. Good work Ama

Bodunrin O. said...

Impressive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us