Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Friday, November 2, 2012

I Am An Abuja Girl, I Am Not An Aristo.

BY IPHIE MANUELZ
A friend in law school, Lagos campus, once said that her uncle said to her that if she had been posted to Abuja he would never look at her with respect again, not in those words exactly but you get the gist. Someone once said to me, 'Iphie the only reason I would consider marrying an Abuja girl like you is because i know the family you come from', what type of rubbish proposal is that, well I'm still single so you know I chased him away with a broom.

Most of you already know where I am headed with this, ARISTOS!!!!

This is in no way meant to insult the girls involved in this act, who am I that I should judge them, with the state of things in Nigeria, you wouldn't blame some of them. If things worked fine in Nigeria some of them wouldn't have stooped so low then I would have gone ahead to insult the ones that that did, because the did so for greed. If any insult is found in this piece then know its directed at the old men that refuse to look the other way at the sight of a young girl.

This piece is written on behalf of all the young girls who like me, are tired of being judged because of where they live.
Living a good life in Abuja doest mean I am into runs. I was raised by parents who trained my siblings and I to be contented with whatever they could give us. My parents made sure we went to the best schools, ate the best meals, wore the best clothes that was within their means. And so you have the guts to judge me because I have a good life, that is an insult to my parents who deny themselves somethings just to make sure I get the best and look the way I do.

I was raised by a mother who up until the moment I left the house for school earlier in the year, used to ask me where I got my dress from. And by where I got my dress from, she wasn't asking where I shopped, she was asking how I got the money to buy a dress she either didn't buy or give me the money to buy.  She wanted to know where i got the money for even the littlest item of clothing that i had. As long as she didn't recognise it, she asked where it was from. I am sure when I get home now we would pick up where we left off with the questions. Please tell me how I would find room for aristo with such a watchful mother.

This is what most parents don't do, your daughter comes home with a car or a phone you obviously didn't buy and you look at her and just say 'welcome my dear'. I know of a woman whose reaction to her college aged daughter driving home in a car she she didn't buy was, "now my enemies would see that I have arrived'. Ha. I remember when I was in 100 level and I was forming fight with my parents and  I wasn't collecting money from them,then I went to make a new hair, my mother asked me where I got money from to make my hair and I said my friend, 'Iphie i want to meet that friend', she didn't let it rest until I confessed it was money I had saved up from my days at Okada. How do you expect young girls to stay away from these old men when their parents that are meant to guide them along in their journey on earth turn a blind eye to their activities or even encourage them.

Apart from the fact that I have a watchful mother and that I stuck to the training I was given, because some of these girls are well trained. One reason I can never involve myself in Aristo activities is because I hate being in a position where I can be insulted without being able to give a befitting insult to my 'insulter'. I am also very irritated by these old men, "tufia", with their big belle.

Ladies please say no to runs, I know life is hard, but life as a runs girl is not the answer, it doesn't make it easier, be contented with what you have, parents please monitor your children.
I am an Abuja girl, the next time you see me, don't judge me before you get the opportunity to know me. I am an Abuja girl, I am not an ARISTO.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone has finally spoken up for a majority of us "Abuja girls". Very Well said Iphie.

Pheee said...

thank you, it was getting annoying that the only thing people see when you say i stay in Abuja, is a runs girl

@iLotanna said...

Reading this and that Port Harcourt girl comes to mind...oh and the Island chic...errm and that Akoka girl who's planning on making that adventurous trip to Obudu for the weekend with a generous uncle :D. Truth is, any unemployed girl who longs for things her father cannot afford, be it that bouncy hair to that gadget or that sleek ride, is heading towards being inducted into the Aristo Hall of Fame. Simple!

PS: It's high time young ladies of this generation got it into their heads that even if their dads can't afford it, they could also work hard to earn it. Rather than hope on that liberation cow, to milk their way out of poverty, now known as husbands these days.

Anonymous said...

This piece cudnt have come at a beta tym..dat its a touchy issue doesn't mean it shud be avoided. Tym are hard..men are usin dis as an advantage 2 prey on ladies who seek help.but dis sort of attack is 1 requires consent. Ladies...let's keep our pride. Let's stop consenting..let's be strong. Iphie welldone!

Anonymous said...

Rotflmao!!!!! I am an abuja breed from even before it was the state capital... I am and can never be an aristo... Its a matter of choice I didn't have a lot growing up either... Ewww Just gross thinking about it...
P.S: I don't judge those into it am all but perfect I have my own bad habits too but please for the sake of those you hold dear and love becareful and saty safe

Anonymous said...

Hhmmmm, 9yc piece dearie.

Genny said...

Iphie, u 4got 2 mention a similar case wen u tel ppl ure schooln in Unibuja. Ppl simply peg u as materialistic n feeble, worst stl, a flirt n d mst popular one, an aristo...*smh* Tho I'v bin knwn 2 use it a few tyms to scare away guyz I knw r foolish n nt up 2 standard...*lol, coverin my eyes* D tin is, guyz wld b much happier if dey wld get 2 knw ladies b4 generalising... Tho I personally can vry well do witout a guy who pegs mi b4 gettin 2 knw mi,no matter hw perfectly he fit d "profile"... *winks*
Good one ladies!!!

aioshomoye said...

LMAO.....(Y) nice 1 tho

Anonymous said...

Crap!!! So no guy has ever paid for you to have a nice hairdo or paid for your meal?& who cares whether you are an aristo or the saint you are claiming.mtschewwww.this article isn't surprising anyways,98% of young abuja girls nawadays claim they are virgins.na only u sabi ds ur testimony sha

Anonymous said...

Well said sis.

Pheee said...

This of course is your opinion, you dont see me calling you a yahoo boy or maybe even gay because you have a little money to spend. It would only be fair to assume all guys that have more money than they can account for a yahoo boy, a cougar's cub or maybe even gay just because he looks better than i expect.

Anonymous said...

Smh @ d 1 who is sayin "crap" uv totally missed d point. Wats d relationship between virginity and aristoship? Be properly guided pls. Lmao

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us