Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Abj for JJCs: Ice Cream

Are you a lover of ice cream like me? Growing up in Abuja of those days, yes I am Abuja 'bread' (bred) and buttered, there weren't really a lot of places to just go out with your family to get ice cream, except maybe places like Nicon Noga, hehehe, if you know what I mean then you are a true Abujan.

Thankfully, all that has changed, phew!!!

Ice cream joints are littered all over town now and so lovers of ice cream like me are spoilt for choice. I would start with my personal best, Hatlab. I was introduced to Hatlab in my Uni days and since then we have a relationship that would be the envy of any couple, distance might try to pry us apart, but I always come back to her, lol. I got so used to going to the branch in Gwags that I became friendly with the staff and I would get free ice cream sometimes, now we know where that fat came from, lol.

I am digressing I know, but that shows how much I love Hatlab. Anyway if you are new in Abuja, you must visit this spot for an affair with ice cream that you never believed you would have. Make sure you try the bubble gum flavour, trust me you come back to say, "Iphie, thank you" Their most popular branch would have to be the one on Ademola Adetokunbo Wuse II.

Another ice cream spot that I love is the ice cream section of Amigo Supermarket. Located just outside the supermarket, it is the kind of relief you need after a tedious day shopping in the supermarket. It is also the companion you need to 'stand' by you while you wait under our beautiful Abuja sun for a taxi or your driver. Amigos is also located on Ademola Adetokunbo, Wuse II

Another ice cream spot would have to be the Grand Square ice cream. Abujans swear by it. I am goin to have to trust them on this one because I can't really remember having any experience with this ice cream. If you are adventurous like me, why not try out the Grand Square ice cream and share your experience with us. Grand Square is located in the Central Business District.

As an Abuja 'bread' and buttered, i have had to live outside Abuja for sometime now within the last two years, trust me when i say we truely have the best ice cream, I haven't seen any that can compete.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us