Advertise with us, click to learn how.

Advertise with us, click to learn how.
Contact abjloving@gmail.com and adesuwailuobe@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Better Nigeria: With Dreams in my Pockets

BY EHINOME

I sat trying to finish a dress, my eyes are tired and I can't wait to finish and lay down, but I remember am going to be paid handsomely for it, that gives me motivation to go on.
I thought back to the times when I was always broke.
"I studied law, my parents want me to practice, so I have to wait for that job"or so I thought.

That's what so many Nigerian youth think and so they wait for years on end, doing nothing.
Hello!!!!!!
Our government is yet to be responsive to the plight of its masses, arise and do something for yourself!
Education is not an end in it self, its just a means. It gives you a voice, and its meant to  broaden your mind.

We all have talents, GOD won't send you to earth without endowing you with one or two...use them to your advantage.
Youths, look inwards, a doctor can be a renowned dancer, an engineer can make clothes, a lawyer can find so much joy in make-up artistry, an architect can stumble into and in fact become real good with computer technologies...its all about what you love.
The thing is, after waiting and finally getting that government job, it might not just be what makes you tick.

Do not get me wrong, all am saying in a nutshell is..the quests for jobs isn't decreasing. Many youths have fallen victims to harassment and extortions all because of a job. Joblessness is idleness and an idle mind is the devil's workshop..reason for most of the vices we see today in our society
Let's not overeach ourselves, rather than bewail the situation, let's do something for ourselves. It doesn't take too much to start.

 Think big,start small,act now. Wonuola our very first Young Person of the Week started with a camp gas, read her interview here. Kabir started by making sketches, read about Kabir Here, Jones' trigger was a camera gift from his Dad as a little boy, if you missed Jones' interview, read it Here

Do not be afraid to actualise your dreams because of the time it would take. Time would pass anyway.
Now back to that dress...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click to help spread the word about us